Monday, August 26, 2013

The Sin City Story

My trip to Liberty Fairs in Las Vegas with Art Comes First marked my first ever trip to the west coast, and by far my first exposure to the Sin City which is Vegas.
Experienced friends and family used the likes of "make-belief", "fake" and "crazy" to describe this strip of doll party-houses in the middle of the Nevada desert.
The tradeshow was held at the Sands Convention center inside the Venetian Hotel. The hotel in itself is like it's own world boasting boutique shops, a mini-Venice - equipped with azure canals reeking of chlorine, gondolas and singing gondoliers.
A rendition of the Piazza Venezia takes care of the food court in this gigantic indoors mall and before you know it you've spent an entire week entirely inside this complex since you really never actually have to leave.

The trade show was a lot of fun with so much creativety and inspiration under one flourescent-light ceiling. I met familiar faces again that I'd met at the NYC show and many more.
 I am so honored and happy to have had the opportunity to be a part of this in NYC and Las Vegas with these people. It's inspired me to continue to be creative and to create.

 The Venetian Palazzo where we were staying. 

Auron(Lotho eyewear), Sam, Ougi(BKcircus), Shaka talking business at our stand!

 A project Sam and I collaborated on, adding ACF fabric and t-shirt as lining to a vest.
 Finishing the Liberty Jacket!
 Finished Liberty Jacket!
 Veronica, Sam, Me, Shaka, Jennifer, Matteo taking pictures on a big green hill inside the convention center
 Licia Flora and Francio of L'F unisex shoes
 The whole Freedom Hall gang! So much talent right there!

After the convention was over I got a chance to make my way down to the Bellagio Hotel and take a look at the incredible Dale Chihuly glass sculptures in their lobby.



No comments:

Post a Comment